Good afternoon Ride Tribe!
We are now just days away from our mid-weigh in point!
It's time to check your progress so far... are you ready?
Here are some helpful tips that will help you see the numbers you've been working so hard for!
• Cut down on portion sizes beginning a few days before the weigh-in, and eat several small meals each day rather than a few large ones.
• Eat low-salt, light foods. Foods high in salt will cause you to retain water and water weight is the easiest to lose.
• You shouldn't starve yourself! Eating several small meals the day before the weigh-in will keep your metabolism going strong. That means more calories burned!
• The night before your weigh-in, eat lightly and cut off eating at least two hours before bed time. This will force your body to burn reserve fat it has stored rather than exerting itself digesting the food you've just eaten. If you do eat before bed make it something light, like vegetables. Heavy, fattening foods will slow digestion and sit in your stomach all night, thus defeating your efforts to wake up significantly lighter than when you went to bed.
• Cut down on fluid intake and drink only water in the 24 hours leading up to weigh-in. It has no calories and takes less time to pass through your system than other drinks.
• Go to bed early. You'll eat less, and you burn calories as you sleep - so get plenty of rest! You'll wake up feeling refreshed and ready to start the next month of the challenge strong!!
Good luck, everyone!
You're all doing amazing so far, keep up the hard work!